Monday, February 16, 2015

Mentally Exhausted, Psychologically Determined.

I had imagined that diving into the studies and experience of my field of work would help me better understand what I want to do, but instead I'm finding that it's making my options much more difficult to weigh.


While I am pining for my degree, all I do know is that I am entirely devoted and focused to my education for the next 15 months. Essentially, I have prioritized the important things and people in my life-- through one of those tiny mesh strainers-- when I thought a process like that could no longer be possible for me. But dear friends, it's totally possible. And I've been decently abiding by that priority list for the past four weeks or so. This means I'm not at school for anything other than obtaining qualifications to practice what I long for, and investing in the best to reach the best outcome. I imagine the incoming freshmen of any women's college to be of the type that I want to be for the next year: hustling and getting things done (although arguably a lot of sexual frustration on their part).



At the same time, I am reminded now that I'm in New York (and not the midwest), that it's okay to be yourself when immersing in hands-on work. 

And what a damn convenience it is that I can be myself and still manage to get things done.