I drafted a lengthy entry on why I'm not a fan of Instagram, but decided instead to simply summarize my thoughts with a couple short paragraphs.
I find that being forced to see things you don't want to see (ie. pretentious junk and activities) in an app that only allows you to see the next photo(s) by looking at the photo(s) before it, is obnoxious. Albeit you don't have to follow the person whose photos you don't want to see, but let's not be petty; there are plenty of people you follow on Instagram that you would rather not follow.
I'm an ex-Instagram-uploader, but I do actively view the feed, thereby making my user experience noteworthy. I'm addicted to tapping the little icon on my phone, partly to check up on what my friends are up to, partly to seek inspiration from foreign strangers, and partly to satisfy my dissatisfaction of people posting photos of their supposedly envious lifestyle.
But the bottom line is that I like taking photos and showing people, just like everyone else on Instagram. I just have a fastidious way of wanting to do this. Yes, I post on Facebook, but it's not as obnoxiously intrusive and coercive as Instagram, as previously mentioned.
Ergo, to satiate my particular nature, I have created a namesake photoblog to complement this blog.
And as an "F you" to Instagram.
I will be posting on a computer or on my phone as much as I take photos (not often), and yes, despite all claims, I am on Tumblr.
*The link to my photoblog is also permanently fixated on my personal navbar above.