Why do I always forget two important omissions when ordering a latte?I almost always forget to ask for (1) skim milk instead of whole milk. I personally have a large distaste for whole milk, and as I've been growing older, increasingly disliking the idea of milk in general. This year, Cliff and I speculated on the bizarre idea that humans rely on animal milk. Um, totally weird. So we went from drinking soy (too thick, but perfect for lattes and oatmeal) to almond milk. We are now avid unsweetened almond milk drinkers. Anyway, the other thing I forget to ask for is (2) no foam. When I got my latte this morning (lattes are a special treat for me, by the way), I received a foamy, thick latte with a white heart lightly plopped in the middle.
I hate latte art.
The reason why I had the leisure of ordering and waiting for a latte with latte art on it is because I took off work today. I also took last Friday off. I had two personal days left before the end of my service and was determined to use them all to apply for jobs and clear my head from the final stretches of stress-dom.
If there's one thing I've learned from all this job searching that is different from my previous experience job searching is that I've realized my self-worth. I think it's important to know your self-worth and realize that that's all that matters during this process, even though it gets discouraging at times. If you know your value, someone who also recognizes your value will come along, and it will be well worth the wait. And that's just how I feel.