So yesterday's day off was wonderful. I slept more. I cooked dinner (which I honestly think is what made me feel better because I kept myself busy for a moment). I went to Wash Park to enjoy the beautiful weather and people watch and read Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls that just came in the mail which I was super excited about. (Maybe it was Sedaris that also made me feel better.) One thing I learned from yesterday was that sometimes, it takes lesser things and lesser events to make things right, and not necessarily the one thing you expect.
Late in the evening, Cliff and I went to watch The Great Gatsby, which was a mistake, as almost all classic book remakes are. But The Great Gatsby was one of few books that I enjoyed and remembered reading in high school, and according to the previews, I loved the over-the-top '20s image. Turns out it was a sham. Really cheesy effects and too contemporary. Also. the two male protagonists were awful cast picks. Mostly just Tobey Maguire. But regardless, the story was still magnificent and the costumes were brilliant.
After a pretty unproductive day at work and some tense moments (it builds as time progresses), Cliff and I are at Highlands, the best late-night patio type of coffee joint. We are doing our own individual things together.
Relieved that Wednesday is over. I hate my late days but always feel wonderful once it's over.