I don't know which is worse,
realizing that you are only in it because you need it
or,
realizing that you only do something passionate out of anger.
For example. The former is an analysis for this question: are you in school because you love it or because you need it? I can't differentiate the two a lot of the times.
The latter is an analysis for this question: am I serving under resourced populations because I've been angered and calloused by a type of poverty in my own personal life? I already know I'm a reactive individual.
Needless to say, many great cultural icons have emerged as a result of an angry call-to-response. thank god for when sparks fly.
But I'm thankful that I'm always too analytical about my life that I call myself out so I don't catch myself by surprise. (That was a super structurally egotistical sentence.)
I'm thankful that I can compensate. And damn well!