Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts.

I've been gifted a Bodum french press several weeks ago and those extra steps in the art of coffee-making makes my mornings that much more enjoyable.

As I've been ever so slowly unpacking my new life, I've gotten some inspiration from my friend who kindly chose to gift me presents from Zara for my birthday. "All black," he said. So now that I'm back in the East Coast, I regained my inspiration to be back to black, and color when necessary or lazy.

In other news, I aim to take more photos to complement my blog. A few days ago, on the account of an update from pleasefindme, I purchased "Just the Words." Unlike my mother, I never got into poetry. Something about it is so much more revealing than prose. With this in mind, reading I Wrote This for You is a Y2K throwback for me. It reminds of the days of Kenny Choi's whiney "Hopeless Love" voice and endless attemps at scene hair. AKA, it's cringe-worthy, but I have to admit that it is beautiful and the titles of each poem is well thought out. I can tell the poet literally thought of something and wrote it down in his notebook and published it. 

How simple the concept, but how few actually do it.