Lamps and lighting and candles set various moods to a room. I went to the Met a couple days ago for the first time and when I came across these European rooms, I felt like I was in an aged space, preserved and still, with thick, mossy air. It was such a bizarre feeling, and the accompaniment with the lights made the sentiment even more inexplicable.
I thought it was funny that I came across this novel. Or, I guess I think novels with social-theoretical titles is kind of too unreal.
And while we are continuing to write according to the photos above, they actually are all related (to my odd trains of thought). They all make me think and feel a certain way. Last night, a ticket to see Avenue Q was kindly bestowed upon me and I loved every part of its satirical and cheeky, social commentary and ingenious wit.
Seeing as that it is the last day of 2013, I just want to conclude by writing a cliche reflection of the year and what I expect of the next year. I loved 2013. So much happened that the only direction for me was to grow with more knowledge of the world and of other people and of myself. And although Dan Savage thinks otherwise, sometimes I wonder if things can really get any better than this. Is that an optimistic view of my current state of life or is that a pessimistic view of my future? Probably both. Even though I'm no longer a New-Years-Resolution kind of gal, I think I do have some hopefulness for today and evermore.
I do have problems (which is why I write). I think the reason why I fear the new year is because I know I'll have to face myself. So I want to have purpose in each internal and external struggle I have to only better myself and hopefully, in turn, the people around me as well. It doesn't make sense to bring down the people around me because I don't know how to save myself or because I'm so stuck in my ways and thinking that my way is the right way (I am my father's daughter).
So, here's to so much something.
PS. I still can't get in the habit to proof-read my posts because this is my stream of consciousness. Apologies if there are any incoherencies.