If there's one odd thing I love hearing about other people, it's their pet peeves.
There isn't much more interesting and entertaining than knowing a stranger or acquaintance or friends' most intolerable, irritable moments of insanity.
Mine are as follows:
I HATE it when people don't respond to "hello" or "thank you." End of story.
I will probably take a deep breath every time someone asks me what I'm eating, mostly because I hate nosy questions that are irrelevant to the other person, but also because sometimes, responses aren't pleasant. At work, people ask each other what they're eating all the time, and the response from the very person who asked the question makes me shudder when I hear it from my desk: "That's....interesting..."
In other words, it doesn't sound or look appealing to them. But really, what does it matter? You're not eating it, and no one freaking asked you what you thought about it. Why does this irk me so much? Because it's a sign of intolerance for the most petty thing in the world.
However, one thing I can't tolerate myself are people who talk too much. I can't determine what the threshold is that I allow an extremely small amount of friends to be talkative, but "talkative" and "talks too much nonsense" is different. People who talk too much remind me of people who want attention, and I really hate it when people give people who want attention, attention. What's worse, on top of all of this, is when people KNOW the other person gets too much attention for creating a foolish spectacle, and STILL gives them attention. WHY. Why do you encourage baffoonery? Baffles me.
END rant.