Saturday, May 11, 2013

Individuals.

So today at work, I had a meeting. This meeting somehow prompted me a question in which I had to announce to the room that the way I deal with stress is by "keeping to myself." At this, the person I unfortunately report to on a daily basis laughed and asked me what difference this made because it's what I always do.

Keep in mind that this is not the first time my personality was criticized at work. I don't get what people don't get about other people. WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT. That's why they call us INDIVIDUALS. After hearing offensive mockery bullshit like this all the time from the same person, you get kind of fed up. Rather than respecting what you have to say, they turn it around on you. As if we have to change to please others. I want to be ME. How ironic this happened to me during this time because this "meeting" was about how to keep relationships relational.

You know what I want? I just want people to respect me just as they should be respected as well. That's ALL I want. If I don't criticize your inherent way of being, then don't criticize mine. You can judge as much as you like. No one is stopping you from doing that. But partiality because of your arrogant opinions is a highly-saturated form of oppression.

Inequality is the reason for every problem in this world and EVERYONE except people of power are SICK OF IT.